Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray blend and multiple displacement maps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray blend and multiple displacement maps.

Hello, and good day.
    I have two Vray materials with "Megascan" maps, combined into Vray blend. I've noticed that only "base" material displacement is used instead of "base" and "coat". I've looked for similar topics on the forum and found that It's a known issue, is there a solution by now? If not is there a workaround? It seems that "mix" does seem to work. I intend to use VrayUVWRandomizer, so I'm not sure how to proceed.

The workaround is to blend displacement maps manually, and pipe those in a displacement modifier.
    The shaders blend everything else.

A solution is coming, you'll have to tell us which way you prefer it as.
    https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...96#post1121996
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
      The workaround is to blend displacement maps manually, and pipe those in a displacement modifier.
      The shaders blend everything else.

A solution is coming, you'll have to tell us which way you prefer it as.
      https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...96#post1121996
      What do you mean blend to manually? comping displace maps with "Composite" and linking the result to "base" material displacement node?

Comment

Correct.
        That, or simply plug the map into a displacement modifier's slot (the modifier goes on the geometry), and leave the shaders without any displacement at all.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
        X