Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayBitmap, 8bit file and ColorSpace

Hi,
    I'm doing some "gamma" tests and tryinig the different type of "color space transfer function" but I can't see any difference.
    I'm using 8-bit JPG and I'm using default sRGB color management.

I've tried also to add the suffixes "_srgb", "_lin_srgb" but with no difference on the final render or material editor sample.

Where am I wrong?

Seems to work fine. You should see the selected color space in the VRayBitmap options (Color space transform function); it updates automatically if the "Auto RGB primaries from VRayBitmap texture" (Render setup> Settings> Color Management) is checked. Check more info here.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

as you suggested I've tried to check the "Auto RGB...." option but nothing changes.
      I don't see any visual change both in material editor and in VFB interactive rendering.

Should I see some visual difference somewhere?

Also the RGB values shown in the VFB are the same.
      As attached the file with texture used.

testGamma.zip

Comment

The problem in the provided scene is that you're testing with pure white textures (darkened via the RGB Levels, which is a post-effect so to speak, hence the lack of transform). Render a VRayColor map (right-click>Render Map...) with grey color and see the differences in color spaces.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

you're right, with a middle grey I can see clearly the differences.

I'm testing an old workflow I've used since many years and now it seems that I need to change it because, to have a perfect match by VrayColor and a Bitmap , I should add a ColorCorrection to any color bitmap.

thank you for clear my doubts.

Comment

Working...
          X