Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denoiser disturbs alpha

Hi!

Left: Alpha - Rendered with Denoiser (VRay Denoiser with Default Settings)
    Right: Alpha - Rendered without Denoiser

Click image for larger version

Name:	DenoiserDisturbsAplha.PNG
Views:	219
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	1124372Click image for larger version

Name:	Aplha_RenderWithoutDenoiser.PNG
Views:	182
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1124373

You see especially arround the feet, the denoiser produces artefacts which leads to unacceptable results in the comp.

Comp Result:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CompResult.PNG
Views:	187
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1124374

Is there a fix or workarround?

Images are taken at 200% to better see the issue.

Thank you and Greetings!

Hi, the radius of the default is way to strong. it kills the detailed shadows. The edgy artifacts may be produced by to early denoising of progressive rendering (so comparable artifacts I encounter here. If you render it cleaner, it should go better or away.
    But you should lower the radius of (get rid of default) of the denoiser - play on that around. It will keep the shadows then much more defined.
    I found for me, that the "open intel" denoiser is a good and also very fast compromise about denoising. Astonishing results with no settings... (which is the best... =) (but Vray 5 only)

Comment

It was Bucket rendering with default sampler values via Deadline network rendering. But it also happens when I try local. But I will try to adjust the values as you mentioned, thanks. - I would be very happy if default values wouldn't make such artefacts happen.

Comment

regardless if bucket or progressive and Local or Deadline - changing denoiser settings should help. Maybe take care of not having all the output files for denoising on output when not needed (standalone denoising). But it it craps your HD full... =)

Comment

Working...
        X