Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LightMix Rest are not save in exr

Hi,
    I scatter light with ForestPack, and all light from ForestPack are in Rest LightMix, but it's not saving in exr (i save my files via V-ray raw image file), How it can be fixed?

Seems it works if you use the 'save separate channels', with save vfb corrections ticked, if that helps.
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Thanks. But I need it in one exr and without any correction

Comment

Hmm...well I guess the Lightmix is a correction, so couldn't you put any lightmix changes 'to scene'?, then you can delete the lightmix and render it as usual with all the other layers.
        Or maybe I have misunderstood your specific need...

Comment

Turn the "Save VFB color corrections to RGB channel" option (located in the Save V-Ray image file window) and it should work.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I think you misunderstood. If I have LightMix RE, for each instanced light I have separate render elemnt, but if for some reason light traped in Rest light (light scatered with Forest Pack for example), this Rest light select element not saved in EXR file, so I miss info for this lights in my EXR

Comment

Yeah I see what you mean now. 'Rest' is not an element, therefore cannot be saved generally.
              I'll leave that to the devs to figure a way around

Comment

I see what you mean now. You can get the "Rest" lighting information by separately rendering a VRayLightSelect. Add all lights (except the fp scattered) and set the Type to Exclude. Otherwise, I'll ask the devs if they can add a "Rest" element automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
                  I see what you mean now. You can get the "Rest" lighting information by separately rendering a VRayLightSelect. Add all lights (except the fp scattered) and set the Type to Exclude. Otherwise, I'll ask the devs if they can add a "Rest" element automatically.
                  Thanks. I think it's better to get automatically, because sometimes you don't know what can trap in the "rest"

Comment

Hello. Any update on this mater? This really annoying that all light scattered with ForestPack kept in Rest and can't be controlled individually, Corona renderer don't have such problem...

Comment

hermit.crab do you have any news?

Comment

Not yet, I'm afraid. I'll ping the devs again and report back.

EDIT: No plans to implement this feature at this point. For now, use the suggested workaround.
                        Last edited by hermit.crab; 06-01-2022, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Hm. Workaround that you suggest with lightselect Exclude not work with LightMix in mode "instansedlights" as it ignore my manual light select

Comment

Hello,

As I've mentioned here (https://forums.chaos.com/forum/chaos...light-mix-pass) - the Rest element is just calculated out of the other elements. We decided to leave it only as calculation to save memory and disk space as those can become quite big..
                            Maybe we can add some option in the LightMix - create Rest render element ?

Best regards,
                            Yavor
                            Yavor Rubenov
                            V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
                              Hello,

As I've mentioned here (https://forums.chaos.com/forum/chaos...light-mix-pass) - the Rest element is just calculated out of the other elements. We decided to leave it only as calculation to save memory and disk space as those can become quite big..
                              Maybe we can add some option in the LightMix - create Rest render element ?

Best regards,
                              Yavor
                              Yes, at least creating Rest render elemnts will help for now. But would be perfect if the light scattered with RailClone and Forest Pack can be recognized and added in separate layers, as if I have light for the celling, lampposts, cars and etc. scattered with RailClone and Forestpack there is no way to have them separate by type

Comment

Working...
                              X