Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renderbucket differences

Hi,
    Im having an issue with renderbuckets being lighter and flickering during animation... Cant figure out what it is... anyone have any suggestions. Attached is a render of the issue you can see at the bottom (inside the circle ive made). In the animation it looks like its a layer ontop of the render, cause they move with the screen, not the geo.
    Its rendered from the same machine so its NOT distributed rendering.

UPDATE: its not the renderbuckets... they are bigger than those. And its not shaders... put on a default vray shader and the problem is still there. And its not a reflection or double sided faces. Ive tried increasing the noise threshold.. no effect.

Comment

UPDATE: found the culprit... i think... its the GI solution. specifically the Light cache!. going to brute force on both sollutions fixes the issue. BUT I would like to use the Light cache. Anyone that knows what it can be within the light cache? I have only 1 dome light with a 16k HDR in it.

Comment

This looks like artifacts from the adaptive domelight. Try turning off that feature in the domelight options.
        https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

YES!!! we have a winner! That was it! Interesting.... never had this bug before, but great that someone knows how to fix it.. Will this adaptive light switch, turned off, present some other problem further down the line during render?

Comment

Originally posted by nils@innboks.com View Post
            YES!!! we have a winner! That was it! Interesting.... never had this bug before, but great that someone knows how to fix it.. Will this adaptive light switch, turned off, present some other problem further down the line during render?
            Speed, and noise amount, depending on the scene.
            We'd be keen on getting the problematic scene so to figure out why it's misbehaving.
            Could you comm with support to organise a send?
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Did support get a scene for this?
              https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Working...
              X