Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Browser missing external files due to absolute asset paths

good morning

I'm facing huge problems because the items from the chaos browser are referenced with absolute paths on my machine. (example: C:\Users\deckardcain\Documents\Chaos Cosmos\Packages\3D_Models\Vegetation\Blue_Fescue_0 02_72fb6215\Assets )
    So if I open the project on the machine of my co-worker, the assets point to a directory on my machine and are therefore missing.
    I know I have to change something in the User (or project?)-path options on 3dsmax, but I'm not exactly sure what I have to do and I don't want to mess things up. I guess I'll also have to change something on my co-workers machine.
    Could you tell me what exactly I have to do so the chaos browser items are set to a relative path and not a specific/absolute path on my machine? Sorry, this absolute/relative-path issue is messing with my brain and it has been an issue for a long time, so I'm trying to clear things up.

thanks
    Last edited by AEBI_VINCENT; 30-09-2021, 02:04 AM. Reason: adding tags

Hi AEBI_VINCENT,

Treat this as any other assets transfer/tracking; you can use the 'Make Path Relative to Project folder' option directly in 3ds max's Asset Tracking dialog.

Alternatively, Using the File > Archive option from 3ds max will provide a zip file with all the assets (including textures and vrmesh files), and once moved to another machine, they should be showing up properly.

Moreover, keep in mind that Chaos Cosmos now supports shared network paths, so setting an Assets download directory on a shared drive should work best in scenarios where assets need to be accessed from various machines.

To read more, please visit:https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...load+Directory
    Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X