IES -bug or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IES -bug or no?

Hi i am currently working on the latest build of vray 1.47.03 my problem is when i try to render ies lights i cant have them worked together with vray shadows, without vray shadows it is working also if i put max shadow is this a bug or no?

Please i am in need of an fast answer if someone know.
    ...:::Visit my web site:::...

We just finished a big project where we used 1.47.03 and IES lights with VRay shadows. That is, we used photometric lights with IES files from ERCO, not the full iDrop files. I haven't tried if those work...

Could you post the light and I'll try to see if it works here?
    Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

Egz: i am posting a link to the ies file this is from erco i think, it is the usual ies lamp that everybody use i made a test with previous vray build and it worked strange...... any way try to see if you can get it work.

Thx in advance

http://www.3dstation.se/1589835-nice.zip

Comment

Hi Linda...

I tried a simple scene with the FILE you have given...
        It WORKS perfectly normal with me...

1.47.03 - MAX 7.1... XP SP2...

That means - it is not concerned to VRay...problem should be somewhere else...

TRY reinstalling the MAX, and run it again...!
        scene with your file 4 DWNLD
        .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Candelero: ok thx i dunno if the problem can be because i use 3ds max 7.5 xp sp2 anyone else who want to try?

Comment

Works fine here as well:

Scene: http://vray.info/assets/egz/lindaIES.zip

I tried it in both 7.1 and 7.5, same result. Does this file work for you Linda?

Comment

oh, and I'm using XP sp2 here as well.

Comment

yes it works strange hmmm i am doing this other rendering with DR but i try to restart all computers and se if it works (and yes i have the ies file in a shared net folder thx anyway for all help now i know it is not a bug good!

Comment

are you sure it isnt yet another crappy 7.5 bug?

---------------------------------------------------
                  MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                  stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

This is the test WITHOUT VRAY SHADOWS:

When i turn the vray shadows on the lamps dont work at all

Comment

Anyway i made another test with 3ds max area shadows and it did not work either i try to reset max and merg the whole scen to see if this can be the problem.

Comment

I had a similar prob but I was on an older VRay version & max 6. the ies light just need to shift under the ceiling a bit, even though in the viewport they wern't inside the object or anything. might be the same issue.

Comment

I cannot find the post back but I seem to recall Vlado saying that the light normals for the vray shadows were slightly above the the ies light source. So if the lights are too close to an object above, the shadows will be blocked, perhaps try moving the ies lights down a bit. You'll probably have to open the assembly.
                          Eric Boer
                          Dev

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
                            I cannot find the post back but I seem to recall Vlado saying that the light normals for the vray shadows were slightly above the the ies light source. So if the lights are too close to an object above, the shadows will be blocked, perhaps try moving the ies lights down a bit. You'll probably have to open the assembly.
                            THAT can really be the problem...

Linda, did U tried to render just a simple scene... like the one I've posted...or
                            egz ??? Because if it works... then it should be a geometry problem somewhere...
                            .:: FREE Your MINDs, LIVE Your IDEAS ::.

Comment

Working...
                            X