[V-Ray] [DefMeshFile::getVoxel] 59: Error loading voxel 8 for mesh file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [V-Ray] [DefMeshFile::getVoxel] 59: Error loading voxel 8 for mesh file

Last weekend, we switched servers (replaced a faulty one with a new one) we synced all files and all files work fine in a local max session.
    Ever since though, when rendering on the farm using Renderpal, I am getting random getVoxel errors. the proxy.vrmesh it's happening with is random, so not a specfic one.
    the voxel number (8 in the example) is also random.
    Code:
    [V-Ray] [DefMeshFile::getVoxel] 59: Error loading voxel 8 for mesh file "..\proxy.vrmesh"
    (..\ is replacement for the filepath I'm actually getting, it's NOT a missing path)

Any idea what could cause this. Obviously it's related to the serverswitch, but I don't know why. The files are there, if I load them manually into max they render just fine.
    and after a couple of retries it might render on the farm just fine as well ....

Could it be intermittent -and very brief- disconnects/pauses in the reading process?
    Maybe some buffer fills up, or something along the lines.
    That's perhaps why loading just one manually, or multiple retires, may work without issue.
    (stabbing in the dark, eh.)
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

We still haven't solved this, but changing the paths from X:\folder\.. to a cName \ domain alias (server.domain.local\folder\.. \ UNC path) seems to fix it ... which is weird as we've been using X:\ for 10 years already

Comment

Hey bf_software,

did you find any fix for this?

We are rendering in vray houdini 5.20.20.

We never have this error while rendering in local but when we send it on the farm (the data is streamed to computers where a virtual "P" drive is mounted) a similar problem is happening randomly.
        The mesh is disappearing of the rendered frame when it happens.

Any help is welcome

Lucas

Comment

Hi lucas_plata unfortunately, I did not find a fix or solution for this as of yet. The workaround we used is to set max in it's preference to convert all paths to UNC.
          3ds Max > Main Toolbar > Customize > Preferences > Files tab > Convert file paths to UNC

Comment

Hi bf_software,
            Thanks for your answer.

Comment

Working...
            X