reflection problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reflection problem

I used 2d displacement on this and I get artifacts or maybe its bad antialiasing of reflection.
    Where do I control antialiasing of reflection.

www.VisualizationStudio.com

Does the material have any glossy reflections? If yes, then what you see is probably the highlight from the sun.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Offcourse it has glossy reflection and I know its highlight from the sun but problem is it looks wierd like bad reflection antialiasing. It should be continuous and not dashed on continuous line.

Is there some anialiasing control for reflection like in scanline in max has for material where you can control it in raytracing settings.

Comment

what is the value of your vray light?
        You can get this issue with a really large value in the vray light area.
        the reason is that if you have a pixel value of say 50 next to a pixel value of .5 (your example is a perfect case for this to happen) then the aa has big problems (not just vray's) to create all teh values is needs in the 1-2 pixels that it has to create a soft transition.[/quote]
        throb
        vfx supervisor
        http://throb.net

Comment

Multiplier of sun is 1.0

Comment

Make sure clamping is on in the color mapping and perhaps give the mtl a little less glossiness. What AA filter are you using?
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

I think clamping helped even I dont know what clamping is.
              Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X