Problem with png shadow transparency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by felipe_valduga View Post

Thanks! I was having hard time on this one! Change the blend mode in Color Settings worked in Photoshop. Now, my question is how my client will handle the file, because if he doesn't make this change in Color Settings it won't work. I've tried in Fusion to see how it handles the alpha and I'm having darker shadows as well. So, if I'm understanding this correctly, V-Ray saves alpha channel and RGB channels with different gamma settings. How can I make sure my client will have the correct shadow without messing around with Photoshop configuration?
    In the attached image, on the left png straight out of VFB with a white background, and on the right png without bkg and alpha channel saved. The shadow is darker as it was in Photoshop

How should I deliver a png file with correct shadows to my client since he wants to use it in multiple backgrounds?
    educate the client or pick this up with adobe to adjust default options. chose the easier route.
    Marcin Piotrowski
    youtube

Comment

I don't think it's an Adobe issue, because I've tested in Fusion and have the same outcome. I'm yet to test using Arnold to compare with V-Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by felipe_valduga View Post
        I don't think it's an Adobe issue, because I've tested in Fusion and have the same outcome. I'm yet to test using Arnold to compare with V-Ray.
        it’s not an issue it’s an adjustable setting. go linear apply gamma on top and you will match VFB.
        Marcin Piotrowski
        youtube

Comment

I had a closer look at Merge node in Fusion. Especially the Additive/Substractive slider. This is how to do it in Photoshop :
          https://youtu.be/RR_PEZf4T4I
          Marcin Piotrowski
          youtube

Comment

How to handle those shadows in Fusion?

Comment

Working...
            X