overlapping Lines in Lightlister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overlapping Lines in Lightlister

very strange. Having latest Vray and 3D Max installed.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	brokenLightLister.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.1 KB ID:	1137352
    Maybe someone has a solution for that before resetting again my user settings?

But it may be belongs to an Autodesk or even Microsoft problem?
    Last edited by caypiranha; 20-01-2022, 07:54 AM.

Refer to this thread for an answer.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

this is one of the bigbull**** of Autodesk. Sorry for my words, but actually, they are only messing up in every direction...

But thanks, Hermit for the hint!

... mhm.. when I think twice.. aren´t those listers from Chaos...?

Last edited by caypiranha; 28-01-2022, 02:44 AM.

Comment

It's all written in maxscript, with maxscript-provided controls.
        Max moving to QT ought to take care of this as well, eventually.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

thanks for Info Lele. So strange that the cam lister is working well under different dpi conditions and the light lister not.
          I am not a programmer, but when it´s maxscript, it might be an issue along AD then of course?

whats QT? .. I guess not Quicktime... =)

Comment

The camera lister is in c++, not maxscript.
            I have one idea on how to try and hack the lightlister code to cater for display scaling, via two indirect functions added recently to maxscript.
            It's however going to be tricky, and there's no assurance it will work: the lightlister code (from which our lightlister comes) is beyond ancient.
            Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Could you not just do us all a little favour and re-write Max from the ground up?...I mean, only if you have a day free over the weekend
              https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Ahah, you got the wrong guy, lol!
                However, i think i have managed to fix that maxscript quirk (only for the standard scaling values, however.).
                The fix is being reviewed as we speak.

For confirmation, can you verify the UI messes up *only* with 175% and 225% scaling?
                Lele
                ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^;
                  ...For confirmation, can you verify the UI messes up *only* with 175% and 225% scaling?
                  I will check this as soon I have time - if not someone else have tried it before =)

thanks for that!

Wondering, if the Lightlister would be in c++ as well, wouldn´t it be faster? Lots of lights sometime leads to slow listing prozess.
                  Wondering either why it even was written so differently? (Camlister and Light lister) .. but this is also then I assume beyond ancients, and no one knows...
                  Last edited by caypiranha; 02-02-2022, 04:57 AM.

Comment

The fix for DPI scaling, plus a tentative fix for the refresh button disappearing, and a fix for the missing subdivs parameter in vrayIES lights have made it through rigorous QA and are in the stable nightlies for v6, from this one onwards.​
                    Lele
                    ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Working...
                    X