Error building Embree static ray caster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error building Embree static ray caster

Hi... iv got this error when trying to render a scene. My memory limit is not reached. i tried reducing Edge Length, in Vray Displacement Mod but still get the error...
    Attached Files

It's something else: the total memory peaked at 95GB, but looking at the log, only ~38 GB were used for the static geometry (i.e. triangles Embree has to deal with).
    It's likely the max bitmap loaders (i.e. textures) that aren't counted.
    Notice the windows graph isn't quite accurate, as it doesn't show the peak usage at 95GB, for whatever reason.
    Without a scene, there isn't much that can be inferred, however.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

The screenshot was taken after the error... just to show that memory didnt past my limit. In the scene i use megascan assets and textures. And just found out that the error was created with a specific material/texture & its Vray Displacement Mod. Removing it restored my render. But if it helps i can upload the scene if it helps.
      (Question how did you see that it peaked at 95GB? from the graph it peaked at somewhere 70GB top of the graph is 128GB.)
      Last edited by antony_tzan; 25-02-2022, 02:41 AM.

Comment

So long as you're good, and it was no bug, we're ok.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
        X