Renders saving quarter size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renders saving quarter size

Hi! I need some help with a basic animation render. I've set up a camera that moves around a pedestal. All the renders are still frames at 3840x2160. They are rendering well in the VFB but when they save as a jpeg they're cropped into the top left corner surrounded by a black background. As a result, the output of the cropped image is a quarter of what it should be. I assume there's some output button somewhere that controls the size/cropping? Ultimately, I just want the final jpeg to be full size and fill the black space. Could it be a camera setting?

Ensure the VFB button for test resolution is off (short click).
    Notice it will still show the last selected test resolution number (f.e. 50%).
    Execute this line of maxscript to be sure it's truly off (if the UI isn't as communicative as you'd like it.).

Code:
    vfbcontrol #testresolution off
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Hi could you check if you have enabled the "test resolution" button in your VFB?
      Click image for larger version  Name:	3dsmax_2022-03-07_17-25-25.jpg Views:	0 Size:	75.0 KB ID:	1142025
      This can cause the effect that you are getting for some formats.

Edit: I did not see Lele's post before sending mine.
      Last edited by vladimir_krastev; 07-03-2022, 08:36 AM.
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

This solved it. Knew it had to be an easy fix but just couldn't figure it out. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
          Edit: I did not see Lele's post before sending mine.
          Cross posting at its finest, eheh.
          It's good we both said the same thing, imagine the embarrassment otherwise... ^^
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
          X