VRay 3ds Max Synced workflow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay 3ds Max Synced workflow?

Hey guy, Im looking to find the "Correct" workflow for making sure your Normal maps are synced with Vray. Currently I have assets that render correctly in 3ds Max using the Physical shader and Mikk Tspace with calculate bitangent per pixel. However the moment I use Vray my assets look incorrect. I tried to setup the Vray settings to use Mikk T but even then the visuals are broken. This feels like a Vray bug IMO. I have delt with this kind of visual artifacts in the past with Unity and wouldnt be surprise if Vray has the same underlying issue.

-Attempted to created different normal maps in directx, opengl, triangulated, quads and more.

Im attaching a 3ds Max file authored in 3ds Max 2022 and the standard shader looks correct. When testing this I would love to have someone pull this file update VRay and get it to render "Correctly"

Attached or screen shots showing what a stressed tested cube looks like using standard PBR shader in 3ds Max and then what happens when you assign Vray Shader
    Working file can be found here in the link provided.

Please let me know if additional content is needed to repro. In my professional opinion this should be a P0 since it means there is no "Correct" way to use stressed normals on a object and have Vray render it correctly
    -Stephen Hauer
    stephen.hauer@poliigon.com

Attached Files

I collected all the info and forward it to the developers.

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation and the effort that you have put into reporting this issue.

The issue is reported under VMAX-12351 in our bug tracking system.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X