Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to open exr settings when using "V-Ray raw image file" export?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to open exr settings when using "V-Ray raw image file" export?

Hello, I need to render an animation with denoiser render elements. The renderelements are only saved in the image when I use "V-Ray raw image file" to export the sequenz. But there is no Setup or Gama override option like when using the 3ds Max Render Output.

Is there a way to acces this setup when using "V-Ray raw image file" ?

Try adding the VRayOptionRE render element...
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Thank you, I didn't know about this. But there seems to be no option to save as 16 Bit.

Comment

Originally posted by second-ich View Post
        Thank you, I didn't know about this. But there seems to be no option to save as 16 Bit.
        The default color depth of EXRs is 16-bit. You can switch to 32-bit in the V-Ray Raw Image File output browser options.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post

The default color depth of EXRs is 16-bit. You can switch to 32-bit in the V-Ray Raw Image File output browser options.
          Thank you. It's a bit confusing because Photoshop seems to think default EXRs are 32-bit.

Comment

Originally posted by second-ich View Post
            Thank you. It's a bit confusing because Photoshop seems to think default EXRs are 32-bit.
            That's because PS lacks the 16bpc *float* workflow entirely, so all it can do to preserve the range is to promote them to 32bpc (doubling memory usage for the channel, in the process.).
            Even the 32bpc one is lackluster at best.
            Lele
            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
            ----------------------
            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
            X