Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray6 - Render Farm - Backburner - Error - Phoenix.dll - Vray5 works 100% perfect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray6 - Render Farm - Backburner - Error - Phoenix.dll - Vray5 works 100% perfect

Ran into another issue. This one is a major flaw and now I am downgrading back to old Vray. Always hate these releases that are useless for a studio.
    I sent a small test scene that I always test for render times and such. Only doing a test with 1 render Node. Render Node starts render, but as soon as render is done crashes. Error code came back with some Phoenix.dll. I updated to latest phoenix just in case and still no solutuion. I left the job on the backburner server but went and reinstalled on vray on the node. Started the render up and wala, worked perfect. So its not the scene file, its 100% Vray6.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	vray_error.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	1153862
    So there is the error line.
    Would love to try and use this new Vray, but until I can actually use it on my commercial projects its a useless update.
    Attached Files

Hey,

Phoenix has separate installers for V-Ray Next, V-Ray 5 and now V-Ray 6.

They end up with _vray4, _vray5, _vray6.

Are you sure that when you switched from V-Ray 5 to V-Ray 6, you also installed Phoenix for V-Ray 6 instead of Phoenix for V-Ray 5?

Today we will be putting Phoenix 5.01 on download.chaos.com which adds official support for V-Ray 6.

But until then, you can grab a latest nightly from here: https://nightlies.chaos.com/#/phoeni...ghtly/20220712

Hope this helps, cheers!
    Svetlin Nikolov, Ex Lead Phoenix developer

Comment

Originally posted by Svetlin.Nikolov View Post
      Hey,

Phoenix has separate installers for V-Ray Next, V-Ray 5 and now V-Ray 6.

They end up with _vray4, _vray5, _vray6.

Are you sure that when you switched from V-Ray 5 to V-Ray 6, you also installed Phoenix for V-Ray 6 instead of Phoenix for V-Ray 5?

Today we will be putting Phoenix 5.01 on download.chaos.com which adds official support for V-Ray 6.

But until then, you can grab a latest nightly from here: https://nightlies.chaos.com/#/phoeni...ghtly/20220712

Hope this helps, cheers!
      Hi Svetlin,
      I wonder if that is the issue. I downloaded the latest phoenix from the Chaos website, which does seem to only support Vray5. Once an official release is made to support Vray6 I will try installing Vray as well as that phoenix and see if it fixes the issue.
      Sadly what I don't understand is, my scene file does not use phoenix at all. Its just a car on a flat plane. Either way, Will wait for the official release and try again. I hope it fixes it since I do want to start using some of the new wonderful features for my commercial projects.
      Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X