Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shell+DECAL = fail

vray 6.0.0.6 hotfix, max 2023
    Shell material with whatever plugged into (vraymtl, standard..) gives alpha/lighting error in Vray Decal pixels. In lightcache prepass everything is OK.
    Attached Files

No issues here. Could you attach the scene here (including the bitmap) so we can take a look?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Here's scene, bitmap doesn't matter. Sorry I wasn't specific, shell material is on floor surface, decal is normal vraymtl
      Decal with shell mat acts like 'cutter', projecting its inverted alpha on surface.
      (decal with shell mat. also gives bug, it just doesn't work if you apply shell to decal object)
      Attached Files

Comment

With opactiy set to Clip it renders fine. Stochastic/normal gives error. But it's interesting bug, I can see practical uses for that...

Comment

Thanks for the provided scene. It seems the issue lies in how Gradients are handled together with Shell Materials. I've logged it (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-12467) for dev investigation.

Originally posted by piotrek.m View Post
          With opactiy set to Clip it renders fine. Stochastic/normal gives error. But it's interesting bug, I can see practical uses for that...
          Yes, that's because there is no gradient with the Clip mode (either opaque or transparent). Otherwise, you can work around the issue by abstaining from using the Shell shader. If you need a shader switch, VRaySwitchMtl is available (unfortunately, it has no viewport preview at this point).

Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X