Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-ray 6 clouds on feature problems

Hello forum,

I'm experiencing a problem with this new "clouds" feature of Vray 6. If i add a new vray sun AND automatically add a sky in the environment when i get prompted, all works fine.
    However if i don't add an environment sky directly from the prompt, and i try to add the sun first, and add the sky later, or if i have multiple different suns with their own perspective skies and i switch between them,
    the cloud feature doesn't work in the sky background (i can only see a whee bit of cloud in front of the Sun only).

Anyone knows if this is a bug, or i am doing something wrong?

Seems to work fine for me, although it is a little odd.
    You can try this file...I added the sky after the two suns.
    You can run the IPR and switch between them, turning one on and the other off.
    The unusual thing is that if they are both off then the clouds still show but the lighting is still there and comes (without shadows but sun visible) from the last sun that was created.
    You can see this if you add a 3rd sun in the scene.
    It will update and switch properly...it's just weird
    Attached Files
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

A multiple sun system also works for me. However, if more than one VRaySun with clouds is active, the last created is rendered (this will be fixed when we add the Cloud options to the VRaySky node, so you can choose). I managed to reproduce what fixeighted was referring to. I'll ask around if it's expected.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Having the vraysky in environment with multiple suns works really well while turning off each one, but, linking in a Vraydome has a little trouble to identify the changes, you need to turn off anf on the dome or make any adjustment to the map in order to change the sky.
        I atacch the Scene and a Video about this.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ChuckRT; 23-02-2024, 04:59 PM.
        Carlos Rodriguez
        RTstudio
        Tutorials

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckRT View Post
          Having the vraysky in environment with multiple suns works really well while turning off each one, but, linking in a Vraydome has a little trouble to identify the changes, you need to turn off anf on the dome or make any adjustment to the map in order to change the sky.
          I atacch the Scene and a Video about this.
          Thanks for the report. I've logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-14011) for dev investigation.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks Hermit, a "solution" that I didnt show was to create 1 dome per sun, that way, the sky changes inmediately
            Carlos Rodriguez
            RTstudio
            Tutorials

Comment

Working...
            X