Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Shadow Catcher - Wrong lighting

Hello forum,

I'm experiencing a problem with the vray shadow catcher. I want to render seperately the people of the scene with their shadows. It's an interior scene, I have made all the geometry (walls and floors) except the people, shadow catcher from the vray properties. But the lighting of the people is different when I render the original scene and when i render with all the geometry as shadow catcher. I have a vray dome light, vray sun and some other vray lights. The people become really bright with the vray shadow catcher in comparison with the original scene.
    Anyone knows if this is a bug, or i am doing something wrong?

Visual examples and a sample scene would be nice.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately i can't share the scene. these are 2 cropped visuals of the scene. the first is the original scene and the second is with the geometry as shadow catcher and then the people are placed in the scene in photoshop to see the comparison. The people are placed using Anima All. As you can see with the shadow catcher, the people are rendered brighter and with different white balance.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by robert_sandi; 09-08-2022, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Kind of hard to determine what's going on without a scene. Could you try reproducing the issue in a simple scene (i.e. keep the lighting, replace the assets)? Also, are the screencaps taken from the VFB? You can use the contact form to send it. If necessary, we could sign an NDA.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Maybe you are using auto exposure, which will cause this to happen unless you transfer the settings to camera before you make the objects shadow catchers...
          https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Working...
          X