Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error loading library when using backburner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error loading library when using backburner.

We recently installed Vray 6 on our machines, but we are having some trouble using backburner when rendering. When our machines are trying to load a scene through backburner we are getting an error.

2022/08/16 11:31:27 INF Adapter returned unexpected code -2 for "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2022\maxadapter.adp.exe" "-o" "NewTask" "-l" "Info" "-j" "C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\backburner\Server Job\test.xml.details" "-s" "1" "-n" "1" "-a" "C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\backburner\Server Job\test.zip" "-d" "utf-8"

2022/08/16 11:31:27 ERR Task error: 3dsmax adapter error : Autodesk 24.3 reported error: [V-Ray] Error loading plugin library "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\VR ay3d sMax2022\bin\plugins\vray_phoenix.dll": [loadLibEx] 127: LoadLibrary failed (127): The specified procedure could not be found.

2022/08/16 11:31:27 ERR 3dsmax adapter error : Autodesk 24.3 reported error: [V-Ray] Error loading plugin library "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\VR ay3d sMax2022\bin\plugins\vray_phoenix.dll": [loadLibEx] 127: LoadLibrary failed (127): The specified procedure could not be found.

2022/08/16 11:31:27 INF Application is down

This happens in scenes where we use phoenx+vray and scene where we use only vray.
    We are using 3ds max 2022, vray_adv_60008_max2022_x64 and phoenixFD_adv_50100_max2022_vray6_x64

On one scene I got the error 3 times and then it started rendering, but another scene would not start at all.

Is there anyone that has had this experiance?

Hello,

Can you please confirm that the render nodes have installed V-Ray for 3ds Max as a render server not the full Workstation install? Does this error happen if you try to simulate with Phoenix FD only? Which Backburner version is in use? When you render the scene created by V-Ray only, is the same error message in place (vray_phoenix.dll": [loadLibEx] 127: LoadLibrary failed (127): The specified procedure could not be found.)?
    Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi Nikolay - I am having exactly the same error here. The scene does not contain any Phoenix elements, but the error of a missing Vray_phoenix.dll shows up anyhow. The machine is a regular Vray workstation - no render node. Does this cause any issues?

You wrote: "When you render the scene created by V-Ray only, is the same error message in place (vray_phoenix.dll": [loadLibEx] 127: LoadLibrary failed (127): The specified procedure could not be found.)?" - yes!

Comment

Hello,

I forgot to update this, it worked for me again after I uninstalled phoenix and installed it again. I made sure I had the correct and newest version of phoenix on all the nodes, I do suspect there was someone who forgot to update all the PCs to the phoenix for vray 6 version. I can't say for sure, but after uninstalling and making sure I had the lastest phoenix for all the PCs I no longer got the error.

Tore

Comment

Hi Tore,
          As a perpetual license holder - I can only upgrade to Phoenix 5.0.1 - that does not seem to do it. Still getting the same error.

Comment

Working...
          X