Vray 6 and DR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 6 and DR

So I'm rendering a project with DR and just updated to Vray 6. I'm getting the different colored buckets from the render slave. Any idea how to fix this. Both machines are running Vray 6 and 3ds MAX 2023. Master machine is a MSI laptop and the render slave is an old dual quad desktop.
    Attached Files

Does it happen locally? Could you simplify the scene and send it to us so we can investigate?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi make sure you do not have missing assets or enable "transfer missing assets" from the distributed rendering settings. Is this happening in other scenes even new simple ones? If you haven't tried simple scene please do.
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi all

I would like to contribute to this feed as well.

i have the same situation. V-Ray 6 on both computers (transfer missing assets checked, all ports enabled in firewalls on both computers, all textures in the network mapped drive/folder), and still when using DR, slave buckets appear darker.

however, on my workstation pc I have Win11, and on the slave there is a Win10 installed. Could that be the issue? Btw, when using Corona, everything is flawless (don’t know if that info about Corona is relevant but didn’t hurt to mention it).

PS, I have also tried that in a couple of new scenes (you know, simple teapot, simple material, one light), and it's still happening.

Regards,

Namik.
        Last edited by khomaniac; 22-08-2022, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I'll test a simple scene and see what results I get. Both machines have the same version of Windows. Only hardware difference besides the slave being a desktop is the rtx card is a 2070 on the tower and my laptop is newer version.

Comment

Are your bitmaps loaded through Max Bitmap? If yes, try converting them to VRayBitmaps with the converter -

Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_e1d4Er8vc9.png
Views:	232
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1157934
            If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
            Chaos

Comment

We have seen differences between nodes for certain file formats when some machines have QuickTime installed and others don't.

Not sure if I have seen this with VRay6, but it seemed like certain files formats were being handled by QuickTime. I believe the VRayBitmap (VrayHDRI in the old days) always fixed it, though. The issue I think was only with Max's Bitmap loader.

Of course QuickTime for Windows is obsolete now (apps have to add support themselves).

Comment

Working...
              X