Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

max 2023.1 + Vray 6 HF2 + Deadline 10.1.23.6 - Vray render elements not saved when rendering with Vray-VFB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max 2023.1 + Vray 6 HF2 + Deadline 10.1.23.6 - Vray render elements not saved when rendering with Vray-VFB

Hi there,

If I render a job (with Vray denoising render element) on my workstation with:
    -Vray VFB enabled in the Vray tab of the Render Setup window
    - the option "Separate Render Channels" enabled
    - indicated where to save the file (in the Vray tab)
    - saving disabled in the Common Tab,
    the beauty render + Render elements are rendered and saved fine and all denoised.

1/ If I sent it to Deadline 10.1.23.6 with the above described settings and ignore the error message (from Deadline), it will render but does not save any files.
    2/ If I enable saving in the Common tab and sent it to Deadline, the beauty render will save but not the render elements.
    3/ If I disable the Vray VFB (in the Vray-tab of the Render Setup Window) and render it with MAX default VFB, the beauty render + Render elements are rendered and saved fine. But nothing is denoised.

So my question because I am pretty new to Vary, is 1/ expected behavior? Or what am I doing wrong to get a denoised beauty render and separated Render Elements out of Deadline.

Specs
    Max2023.1
    Vray 6 HF2
    Deadline 10.1.23.6

Regards

Johan

Try disabling the "Local rendering" (Deadline Submission UI > Render tab > 3ds Max Pathing) when submitting to Deadline and see if that makes any difference. Also, there's a Deadline option (Deadline UI> Render tab> 3ds Max Rendering > Do Not Save Render Element Files), which disables saving elements. Uncheck it.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Many Thanks, issue solved now.

Comment

Which change solved the issue?

Would be nice if chaos and Thinkbox could get it working with local rendering. That is a nice feature from a reliability standpoint.

Comment

The first one, the second one I knew about.

Comment

Local Rendering is a nice feature (when it works) because if your render node temporarily cannot save to the output directory (think network issue) then it still gets saved to the local drive, and then the deadline worker (or maybe launhcer) keeps trying to copy the file over.

Comment

Working...
            X