Beauty pass not rendering correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beauty pass not rendering correctly

I've had this issue before, and thought it was from a rogue lightmix pass, but now it's returned, no render elements in the scene. Infact I've 'reset' the Vray settings to default, just with a 3 min timer on the progressive.

Image looks correct in light cache, also looks correct when I add a Back to Beauty element, it looks correct coming from the Composite source, but when I switch to RGB source, all the lights look clipped.

There are a lot of lights in this scene, some of them quite bright, but it really seems to be a display issue because I can get the correct result from composite source. It would be nice to get on top of this / know what's happening!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-07 152103.png
Views:	376
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1159175Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-09-07 152113.png
Views:	309
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	1159176

Hi is this happening only if you add Back to Beauty render element? Do you have any other render elements and colour corrections in the VFB?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

No it happened without any elements, and then if I added B2B it still happens on the RGB source, but not the B2B composite. Just standard layers in the VFB, display correction & lens effects active. It actually seems to be fixed when I went to a high res bucket render, I'll experiment further with it today to see if I can spot any differences.

Comment

Ok, now it's happened again, affecting Light mix and RGB, but not composite; bucket render

Comment

What of you turn off lens effects? Could you send us the scene for review? You can do that here or though our support contact form. Please don't forget to collect and include all assets together with the 3ds max scene and please add a link to this thread in your message.

Comment

Will do. A little bit of progress in the meantime. I realized it's dependent on the 'rest' group in the light mixer, even though in isolation this layer doesn't appear to have any effect.

I'll send it over when I get a chance

Comment

Though I should report back on this:

I'd somehow turned on Automatic Exposure control in max and saved it to the preset I was using.

When I merged in to a new scene I must have merged render settings also, which just loads the max and Vray render settings NOT the environment settings.

Now turned back to Vray Exposure control (or no exposure) and it all plays nicely.

Comment

Great news. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
                X