Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray DR troubleshooting

Hi,

I'm trying to get distributed rendering on the CPU working with vray 5 and max 2023. I've done all the steps on the help page but I still can't get the network pcs to connect up. In the Vray log I get:

Warning : Warning : Could not connect to host 192.161.1.101:20204: Connection timeout
    Warning : Warning : Could not connect to host 192.161.1.102:20204: Connection timeout
    Warning : Warning : Could not connect to host 192.161.1.103:20204: Connection timeout
    etc.

There doesn't seem to be any trouble shooting steps to find out what is going wrong here. Could it be that i'm not running the vrayspawner correctly? or that something is blocking these ports? How can I best solve this.

Aother thing I have noticed is that there are now two spawners in vray:

vraystdspawner.exe
    and
    vrayspawner2023.exe

Which should I be running?

Many thanks in advance

Hi, you could check the settings in your Windows Defender Firewall. "3ds Max 2023" should be with a green check in your "Inbound rules".
    Last edited by dimitar_panayotov; 08-09-2022, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Hello,

You should be running the vrayspawner2023.exe. vraystdspawner.exe is for distributed rendering via CMD (command prompt). Please check if port 20204 is open for communication both inbound and outbound. You can check if the main workstation can connect to the render node via the Telnet function:
      https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ommands/telnet

1. Start the V-Ray spawner on the render node
      2. Allow the Telnet function on your main workstation
      3. Start command prompt and enter telnet IP_address_of_the_render node 20204 (an example: telnet 192.168.0.1 20204)

If the connection goes through, you should be able to connect via the 3ds Max distributed rendering option. Please note that 3ds Max should be whitelisted in your firewall also.
      Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
      support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Hiya,

Thank you both for the recommendations.

It was 3DS max that wasn't white listed

Many thanks

Luc

Last edited by clay_creative; 09-09-2022, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Hmmm, I spoke too soon.

I'm now having a problem registering the spawner as a service. I've tried as an admin too. I select to register it as a service and nothing pops up to confirm it has worked. I also dont see it listed as a windows service.

So I installed it manually using SC:

Click image for larger version

Name:	spawner.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1159354

But when I try to render using DR, it says it cant connect again. However if I just run the vrayspawner2023.exe. it works just fine.

Any ideas on how to get it working as a service?

Comment

Working...
          X