Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray material not updating in viewport

Hi

Just installed the Vray6 on a new 3ds max 2023. When I changes color on a object with legacy material, it changes at once in the viewport. If I change material to VrayMtl, and changes the color, northing happen to the object in the viewport, until I click in the viewport, move the object ore tick/untic the "show shadet material in viewport" button. The Display driver is Nitrous Direck3D 11,0

What is going on here

No issues on my end. Could you record a short video, illustrating the issue?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Hermit

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the video format, but I'm not that good at programs and software ​

Comment

Hi Hermit

Somehow I uploadet the video on a other Chaos profil, but it's still mee

Comment

I see this happening all the time too, though never remember to moan about it, so thanks for upping that vid to show it happening...it is quite annoying

Also, if you e.g. create a primitive then use the icon to apply a material, random stuff happens with the colour.
          I just did it twice as a sanity check and the first time it displayed as luminous pink and the next time it was pure black, so no specular.
          I need to go to the swatch and change colour to get it to snap back. That happens every time so I don't use it any more.
          https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

I figured it out - it happens with the Compact Material Editor; Slate ME shader updates preview as they should. I've logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-12561) for developer investigation.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately this also happens with slate

Comment

Originally posted by fixeighted View Post
                  Unfortunately this also happens with slate
                  Could you elaborate and share the reproduction steps?

Comment

It's just the same as I wrote above.
                    Create a primitive, click the icon that applies a Vray material in the menu bar.
                    You will get a solid black colour in the viewport and the material is created in the slate editor as normal.
                    You then need to colour pick with that to reset it to something useable.

It's the same if you choose other available shaders in that list, with only the sss and hair ones displaying correctly 100% of the time...the rest being black.

Normally of course one would choose to change the colour but much of the time you just want to stick on a quick grey
                    one without having to mess around, hence I stopped using that handy list

Comment

Originally posted by fixeighted View Post
                      It's just the same as I wrote above.
                      Create a primitive, click the icon that applies a Vray material in the menu bar.
                      You will get a solid black colour in the viewport and the material is created in the slate editor as normal.
                      You then need to colour pick with that to reset it to something useable.

It's the same if you choose other available shaders in that list, with only the sss and hair ones displaying correctly 100% of the time...the rest being black.

Normally of course one would choose to change the colour but much of the time you just want to stick on a quick grey
                      one without having to mess around, hence I stopped using that handy list
                      Yeah, that's another thing and it's already logged (internal bug-tracker id; VMAX-3069). I'll bump its priority.

Comment

Ah I see...good to know

Comment

Working...
                        X