Vray 5 Build 5.20.23 build 0002 - Vray interactive will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5 Build 5.20.23 build 0002 - Vray interactive will not start

I think the issue is with the file or an object within the file as I've merged a lot of models in from various scenes but I cannot work out exactly what is causing the issue. I've converted some near camera items to vray meshes, deleted various off-camera items and still intermitantly the IR will not start. It just freezes max and I have to force quit.

Any ideas on what I should do?

I've already tried merging everything into a new scene.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Hi is this happening only to a specific scene?
    If it is then we have to pinpoint what in the scene is causing issues. If you'd like you can send the scene to the support team or attach it here so we can investigate.
    Please don't forget to collect and include all assets and also add a link to this thread in your message.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Yes, only to one scene as far as I can tell. It rendered fine in the past so not sure what has changed since I came back to it to update it. I've only installed a 3dsmax update so not sure if that has something to do with it.

I'm running max 2022 latest version. I'll send the file across. It's large with a lot of complex Vray proxies included.

I'm actually going through the file now deleting objects...I'm also having issues with backburner error - the pipe has ended reoccurring and I think maybe this is also what is causing the same issue with the interactive rendering. Basically the render node just sits on lightcache counting up and nothing happens...then max crashes.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hi it will be great if you manage to simplify the scene as much as possible.

About
        the render node just sits on lightcache counting up and nothing happens...then max crashes
        make sure you are not running out of RAM on your machine.

Comment

I'll simplify the scene and send across. That's what I'm saying though...this same scene has already previously been rendered on all my machines without issue. No RAM changes occured and the scene itself hasn't changed. Now it won't render and is causing all sorts of issues. I've literally minimised the entire scene to just Vraymeshes now and it still keeps crashing backburner, endless lightcache.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

One thing I have noticed is that if I try and import mesh (inside the rollout for vray proxies) only some of them are able to do this. Nothing seems to happen on most of the vray proxies when I use this function.
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I've sent the file with description. Thanks
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

In the end it turned out to be the network card in my machine that was failing. I replaced it and now everything is working properly.
                Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hi that's great that you've managed to solve the issue. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
                  X