Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3dsmax pipe has ended when using Vray - scanline works fine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dsmax pipe has ended when using Vray - scanline works fine.

I started a new thread because the previous one was about the interactive rendering not working but alongside that error I was also having pipe has ended errors when sending to backburner.

It is also doing this on a very simple max file. When I change the renderer to scanline and change the mats to scanline everything works fine. I think this may be a Vray issue but it's happening with 2 entirely different files. I've also upgraded to max 2023 now and still doing the same thing.

I really am a loss as to how to resolve this so please can anyone help? I've never had a pipe has ended issue like this I've not been able to resolve but I've literally tried everything I can think of in terms of hardware and OS updates/replacement.

Thanks
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

I seem to have managed to work out the issue....it's Vray Proxies that are causing the issue. I've not had this happen before. Any reason why this would have recently started?!
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Were they saved locally as mentioned in the other thread?
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi in your other thread you stated that the issue is fixed after replacing defective network card.
        V-Ray Proxies are using the network resources heavily since the information about geometry is stored on a disk space and loaded dynamically into the RAM when needed.

So the important question is - did the issue with proxies continued to occur after you fixed you network?
        Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

This thread's date and time is later than the last post in the other thread, so it'd have to be assumed the issue is persisting.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Sorry to have started 2 threads. One was originally for interactive rendering just freezing max but that seems to have been resolved. I'm not even sure why this was happening but after updating/upgrading all hardware this seems to have resolved. You can close that thread if you wish.

So, for the new scene where the proxy was actually on the C drive, this has been resolved.
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

That clears it.
              It's good you have it working now!
              Lele
              Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
              ----------------------
              emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
              X