Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray LIght Mix doesnt turn off lights when saving the mix to scene

Hello ,

i have a bug or unwanted featuure lets say.
    Imagine you have LIght mix setup in a way you like it and you switch off certain lights within the mix and save to the scene.
    Whats happens is that it doesnt turn OFF light unchecked and doesnt turn them off.
    One has to then go, remember which light were off in the mix and switch them off manually.
    We have for now approached this by putting 0 in the mix for the light we want off but it should really work the way i decribed i believe. It would save a lot of time.

Thanks for consideration/fix

M
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

This is by design. The idea for turning light son an off in LightMix is to be able to see the independent contributions of each light.

You can right-click on the light name in the LightMix list and select that light in order to then disable the selected light.

I suppose it would be a cool addition to the right-click menu to be able to enable/disable a light. And it might be a cool addition to be able to "Disable Unchecked Lights" when you apply to scene-- which is (I think) what you are asking for. Maybe the apply to scene button gets a right-click popup to do this...

Comment

Originally posted by Joelaff View Post
      This is by design. The idea for turning light son an off in LightMix is to be able to see the independent contributions of each light.

You can right-click on the light name in the LightMix list and select that light in order to then disable the selected light.

I suppose it would be a cool addition to the right-click menu to be able to enable/disable a light. And it might be a cool addition to be able to "Disable Unchecked Lights" when you apply to scene-- which is (I think) what you are asking for. Maybe the apply to scene button gets a right-click popup to do this...
      yes this is exactly what i meant. Having a chance to turn the unchecked lights off.
      Especially handy when you are happy with the final mx and send the whole thing to farm Not a big fan of rendering finals with the light mix just for the heck of it ..takes much longer
      Martin
      http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Yeah, we use individual light selects for anything we might want to turn off (or modulate) in post. More lights than needed does slow things down. I have been bitten by having a light or two turned off in LightMix and then rendering on the farm with LightMix disabled, only to find that light is still on. So I do get your point. I got in the habit of doing a test render (or at least starting the render) right before I send things to the farm, after all the render adjustments are made (like disabling LightMix).

Comment

PIXELBOX_SRO Joelaff Thanks for the report and suggestion. I've logged it (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-12480). We'll see what we can do.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X