VRayTriplanar map breaks Round Edges in Vray NormalMap Bump slot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayTriplanar map breaks Round Edges in Vray NormalMap Bump slot

I've noticed in the last few versions of VRay (I hope!) That the VRayEdgesTex seems to break and not do round edges if you have a VRayTriplanar map in the node pipeline with a normal map. I have tried plugging in the triplanar map in numerous places including Mapping source of VrayBitmap and after the VRayNormalMap, and using VrayEdgeTex in the bump slot of the VrayNormal map breaks the rounded edges (they don't render) every time. Seems like a recent bug. I'm on Max 2023.2.2 and Vray 6 Hotfix 3. , but would be nice to just have round edges not break when using triplanar. I've attached a couple images in case my words don't make sense if how i have the nodes.
    Attached Files

Haven't tried if this works or not. But does it work if you put your main material through a VrayBumpMtl with the VrayEdgesTex in the slot there?
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
      Haven't tried if this works or not. But does it work if you put your main material through a VrayBumpMtl with the VrayEdgesTex in the slot there?
      japetus This should work.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Huh, interesting solution! I never looked at the Vray Bump material before. Curious as to why it even exists in the first place! Perhaps for things like this where you need only a round shader on some things and not another. Thanks for the help, guys, was starting to drive me crazy

Comment

Curious as to why it even exists in the first place!
          Say you have a multimaterial, and you want to add a layer of bump to all of them at once.
          Or you may need to add bump to a shader that doesn't have the channel.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
          X