Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revit 2020 FBX Missing Materials

Hi there.
    Trying to export a Revit 2020 model via FBX to import into Studio Max 2022 to render with VRay 6.xx. Seems that the Revit assigned materials are not included with or extracted from the FBX. Prior to my involvement there was a lot of presentations being done via Revit + Enscape over the past several months. Any insight would be appreciated.​

Have you tried importing the revit instead?
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Just exported a .fbx with mats and it seems to be imported as expected. Is your geometry shaded with Revit materials?
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
        Have you tried importing the revit instead?
        Ill try that next.

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
          Just exported a .fbx with mats and it seems to be imported as expected. Is your geometry shaded with Revit materials?
          Shaded in Revit, but this model was presented via enscape for a few months prior to my involvment. I reached out to Enscape Support and got this back this morning...
          As far as I know, this is a limitation of Revit and how it exports .FBX files. As far as I know there are plugins that support exporting a Revit file with materials / textures into 3DS Max, but Revit natively will not include the textures when exporting.

While we, Chaos, are in fact working on simplifying the transition between the supported systems, a material export from Revit to 3Ds Max has not been published at this point.
          So my first approach would be to reconfigure the materials in 3DS Max manually for now.

I still hope this helps. Stay tuned for any future developments in this matter! Also, feel free to reach out again if we can help you in any other way.

Comment

Working...
          X