Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render crashing at light cache stage with motion blur enabled

Hi,

So I have a file which crashes at the light cache stage every time that Enable Motion Blur is enabled inside the Physical Camera. When I untick this, it will render fine. I have narrowed down the culprit to a Railclone object. I have recreated the Railclone object from scratch and it still crashes. If I collapse the Railclone object, it will render fine. I'm not sure why this is happening as it's a very simple Railclone setup.

We are using 3ds max 2022.3.3 Security Fix, Vray 6.00.04, Railclone Pro 5.2.6.

Do you have any suggestions why this is happening? I can provide the file if that is helpful.

Thanks

The scene, or the parts that directly affect the crash, would be useful.
    I tried here with both animated spline and camera and it all seems to be ok.
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Hi Fixeighted,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have uploaded the scene to Wetranser - https://we.tl/t-lAvELrygHZ it's pretty small as I've stripped out a lot of stuff.

Thanks

Comment

No probs.
        The crash is definitely caused by material Visitor Messages in your multi-sub material, so one of those sub-nodes is messing it up.
        You should be able to narrow it down to one of them...I would do it now but I have to go out for a bit.
        If you can't work it out then I'll figure out which one when I get back from 'shopping', if sufficiently sober that is

Comment

Oh that is odd...where it says 'visitor messages' I actually typed hashtag 7, so meaning the seventh mat in the multi

Comment

Hi Fixeighted,

Thanks for getting back to me.

So removing the VrayMutilSubTex node and plugging directly into the Diffuse slot fixed it. Recreating the VrayMutilSubTex node has also fixed it but have no idea why, I guess something must have become corrupted down the line, but very strange that it only has this issue under very specific circumstances.

Once again thank you for your help, really appreciate it!

Comment

No problem, glad to help.
              I'd say raise the issue again with support, as it may be that it's a bug that needs to be splatted
              They'll surely be aware of this post nevertheless.

Comment

I'm having this issue also. Have sent a scene to support for diagnosis
                James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
                Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the scene - I reproduced it too. It is indeed related to the VrayMutilSubTex and its randomization by element when used on RailClone nodes. I forwarded this topic to Itoo guys too. (Internal reference VMAX-10447)

Sorry for the inconvenience
                  Yavor Rubenov
                  V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
                    Hello,

Thanks for the scene - I reproduced it too. It is indeed related to the VrayMutilSubTex and its randomization by element when used on RailClone nodes. I forwarded this topic to Itoo guys too. (Internal reference VMAX-10447)

Thanks for taking care of that, Yavor!

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
                      Hello,

I have no railclone nodes in my scene and it's crashing. Could it also be related to Forestpack?

Comment

Yep ForestPack is affected too.
                        Yavor Rubenov
                        V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
                        X