Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning : Lens effects skipped: no filter image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning : Lens effects skipped: no filter image.

I'm rendering a typical interior scene and I want to use the lens effect but I keep getting this warning, anyone know what it is and how to fix whatever is wrong?

The filter image is a section in the lens effects parameters, so it's looking for an assigned image that no longer exists.
    You just need to clear the path or untick the box
    https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Thank you that was it!

I have another problem now, I can't get the lens effect to show up in this scene no matter the settings. I know it's working because I've set up a simple scene with a light, camera and ground plane and the lens effect works as it should. Do the camera Aperture settings eliminate the effect at certain points? Mine are:
      Film speed: 120
      F-Number: 3
      Shutter speed: 120

Comment

Post the scene, or at least the basics of it...I'm sure it's something simple
        https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Ok I've figured out what the problem is, I'm just not sure how to fix it.

I'm using Reinhard in my Color Mapping settings with the mode set to Color Mapping & Gamma and my Display Correction was set to none. For what ever reason when these settings are chosen Lens Effects won't work. If I change the Color Mapping mode to None and Display Correction is set to sRGB then the Lens Effect will work perfectly. The problem is it completely messes up my image and I don't have time to figure out how to fix it. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

I also don't understand the point of Display Correction, all it does is change the way the VFB displays an image, it can't be saved.

Comment

Sounds like the pixel values are getting clamped. Have you modified the Burn value of the Reinhard mode? Either way, you can lower the lens effects' threshold to match the brightest pixel values.
            Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X