Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DreamScape, does it work?

HI there,

Im working on a scene which is of a large scale. Its an island scene with a reletivly calm ocean. im using DreamScape (seascape) for the ocean. Im not getting the right look. my sea comes out over exposed and light blue, its not reflecting atmosphere or light.

Is there a problem with getting realism with seascape and vray or is it just me??

I haven't ran into any "real" problems between DS & VRay. Just need to know more info about your settings though. For example:

1) Are you using any lights other than the DS sun light?
    2) What type of material are you using for the ocean surface?
    2a) If you're using the DS SeaMaterial, what option are you using for the sky color? It defaults to a solid color, and not the DS atmosphere.
    3) Are you using the DS atmosphere or something else that could be affecting the reflections? If you're using the DS atmosphere, see question 2a above. Maybe you need to enable the sea materials option to reflect the DS sky and not a solid color.
    4) Are you using the DS subsurface effect?
    - Jeff Patton -
    http://jeffpatton.net/

Comment

The scene was complicated and im sort of new to the dream scape thing. I relised that it was all down to my lighting. I had to take a different approach but i think i got the enviroment i was after.

The animation looks really cool. moving clouds and ocean.
      thanks for the info, and the questions, they made me realizes my mistakes.
      [img][/img]

Comment

ok, i though i knew how to upload an image. obiously i dont

Comment

Working...
        X