Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error : Ignoring material LPE label "coat", which is reserved for internal usage

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error : Ignoring material LPE label "coat", which is reserved for internal usage

Hello,
    I'm testing today's nightly build and I get the following error message:
    "Error : Ignoring material LPE label "coat", which is reserved for internal usage".

How can I find out which material is causing this error ?
    Kind regards
    algato
  • Answer selected by hermit.crab at 22-02-2023, 05:54 AM.

We released new builds of V-Ray 6.1 yesterday (February 21st) that should fix the issue; there should be no need to rename any materials anymore.

Best regards,
    Vlado

Comment

Coat is a wildcard for the, you guessed it, coat layer. Simply rename the material named "Coat" to something else.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Getting same error on Backburner using, V-Ray 6, update 1

3dsmax adapter error : Autodesk 23.0 reported error: [V-Ray] Ignoring material LPE label "coat", which is reserved for internal usage.

Don't have any material named as COAT, having few cars in the scene which is using VrayBlendMtl wchich has Coat material.​

Comment

had the same problem here, You need to just rename the VrayBlend coat layer.
          Someone with godlike power could write a script for this. That would be great.

Comment

suhit2005 Could you send a simple scene (the shader on a sphere) so we can take a look? It shouldn't happen if there's no material named 'coat'.

Comment

getting similar

[21:48:41.326] Error : LPE label m&m's-2 contains one of the following illegal characters: @'
              [21:49:04.157] Error : 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

[21:57:41.326] Error : Ignoring material LPE label "base", which is reserved for internal usage
              [21:57:41.330] Error : Ignoring material LPE label "base", which is reserved for internal usage
              [21:57:41.338] Error : LPE label m&m's-2 contains one of the following illegal characters: @'

Comment

on checking it further found some sub-object material named BASE and COAT and it is producing error, we have many files containing such objects, it is difficult to change name in each files.

Comment

Here's a simple script that will help you with the renaming. Simply type the material name (in your case base and coat) and add a prefix/suffix of your choice.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I wrote another script for this particular error. It renames only the materials, which use the reserved LPE labels.

EDIT: Made keywords case-insensitive.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by hermit.crab; 22-02-2023, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Hello Aleksandar, I'm having the very same issue on many scenes where some car assets have materials named "base" and "coat" unfortunately your scripts doesn't change the material name and I still have to rename it by hand...
                      Attached Files

Comment

We released new builds of V-Ray 6.1 yesterday (February 21st) that should fix the issue; there should be no need to rename any materials anymore.

Best regards,
                        Vlado
                        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thank you very much vlado, I'm testing it right away!

Comment

Working...
                          X