Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray 6: Z-Depth problem

Hi
    I want to report a problem when using V-Ray6. In a couple of scenes I noticed very low quality of Zdepth pass. I used Vray Volume grid to render smoke etc. and I know the issues of Volume Grids in Zdepth pass. But since I wanted to get clean Zdepth pass I switched the Volumegrid OFF and hide it. But still I need to use extremely high settings (noise 0,0001) to avoid strange gaps in the pass (see below). What is more the result is unlike anything I received in the past. The Zdepth pass looks blurry (motion blur is OFF) and noisy. The Z-Depth settings also don't reflect the camera Z-Depth ranges (I have the ranges set up properly but I need to raise it much higher to see the result.) What is going on in here? I use no postpro filters.
    Attached Files

Hi thanks for posting. Could you send us a scene for review? You could upload it here or use our support contact form. If you choose the contact form, please include a link to this thread in your e-mail.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi I was able to reproduce the issue, no need for a scene. It is happening only with certain image filters, for example Catmull-Rom. The issue is actually reported in our system previously and fixed in a nightly build.
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
        Hi I was able to reproduce the issue, no need for a scene. It is happening only with certain image filters, for example Catmull-Rom. The issue is actually reported in our system previously and fixed in a nightly build.
        Thank You so much for Your help!

Comment

Working...
        X