Aerial Perspective with matte objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerial Perspective with matte objects

I need to use a matte terrain object to catch shadows and have the vray object properties set up as I normally would: -1.0 alpha, affect shadows and alpha. The problem is that the aerial perspective effect still appears on the terrain object no matter what meaning that I can't use what would save me a bunch of time in post.

Am I missing something obvious?!

It's a known issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-6228 ). There's no other workaround than to increase the visibility range of the Aerial Perspective so that it does not affect the matte surface. Otherwise, I'll bump the priority of the issue.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Sadly the workaround won't work for me as I'm matching the conditions in a photograph. I'll keep doing it in post for the time being.

Comment

Any news on this bug hermit.crab ? Have run into it a few times over the past year.

Comment

No updates yet, I'm afraid. I'll mention it to the project managers.

Comment

According to vlado it is not a bug. What you need in this case, is for the aerial perspective to not be applied on the matte object itself because it is assumed that the aerial perspective is already included in the background. Try disabling the matte object's "Affect Atmospherics" in the 3ds Max object properties menu.

Comment

Working...
            X