Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems connecting maps to blend material

Hi there,

after installing the latest version of vray6 ( build 31828 ) i have a very annoying problem using the blend mat.
    Just built a material with 3 coat materials in the slate editor, nothing fancy, only some pbr textures with a falloff map in the first blend and a second with a procederal noise. But the second can't be connected, only a red dot shows up. I used the compact mat editor, the same - i cannot insert any map in the mask slot - in any mask slot btw
    After deleting the blend and using a new one it works as expected...
    But after a few new connections while using the interactive rendering, it started being weird. Nodes which were ok before can't be connected suddenly(??)
    Superstrange... Can you please help?

Thank you

Best regards,
    Sascha

BEHANCE

Hi thanks for posting. I tried to build a simple scene according to your description but could not reproduce the issue. Is this happening in a new clean scene? Could send us the faulty scene for review? Please do that here or trough our support contact form.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir, thanks for your reply Yes, tried the same. In a new scene it didn't happen. This evening i will send you my file through the contact form.
      BEHANCE

Comment

Ok thanks. Please include a link to this thread in your e-mail and/or my name in the description and/or post the ticket number here so we can track your issue.

Comment

Oki, thank you
          Best,
          Sascha
          BEHANCE

Comment

Hi, actually there are really problems with the blend material. I think it since it switched to QT. I had problems that if disconnecting coat materials, then removing them and then trying to reconnect them nothing happens and the material doesn't accept inputs anymore. Then only deleting the original blend material and creating a new one fixes it and you can input the shaders before.
            It hard to reproduce with a new scene, but it happened quite regularly for me as well (3ds Max 2023, V-Ray 6, all latest versions/SP)
            Check out my FREE V-Ray Tutorials

Comment

Hi again, i could recreate the weird behaviour and sent a max file through the support form. Ticket number is 81512. Thanks for help
              BEHANCE

Comment

Hi Vladimir, any news about the blend mat issue? Did you receive the test scene and could you restore the issue?
                BEHANCE

Comment

I have had it happen with a multisub mat just recently.
                  https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Hi, tested the scene and the issue is reproducing with IPR. I tried to merge the scene in a new empty scene and after that the issue is not reproducing.
                    Need to do a bit more research. I will keep you posted.​

Comment

Great - looking forward to it Thanks!
                      BEHANCE

Comment

Hi, I reviewed your scene and confirmed the issue is reproducing with V-Ray 6 hotfix 3.
                        This is a known issue that has already been logged and fixed in the latest nightly builds.
                        We expect it to be available in a public build soon.​

Comment

Hi Vladimir, thanks for your answer - tried the latest nightly build 31873. Still not working
                          Wrote that also in the open ticket btw.
                          BEHANCE

Comment

Actually Sascha I was working on a parallel issue with another client and got them mixed up. So the fix is regarding the other issue.
                            Please excuse me about that

I reported your issue to the developers and logged it in our system. We will notify you when the fix is ready.​

Comment

Thank you
                              BEHANCE

Comment

Working...
                              X