Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed rendering buckets different shades

Hi all,

This issue has happened a few times and I can't figure out what the cause is. The buckets from the slave machine are rendering a particular material in different shades.

Using 3ds max 2023 vray 6 HF3, both machines are using the same updated software including windows updates. Using brute force for primary and light cache for secondary.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is typically caused by some file being inaccessible to the nodes. Are you sure all your assets are readable form the nodes?

Also, you have the same version of Max and VRay on all nodes.

A weird old issue.. If you have QuickTime installed on some nodes then certain texture formats can render differently (but QuickTime for Windows is not longer supported). You could try using a different format for your maps, but that's a long shot unless you have QuickTime installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Joelaff View Post
      This is typically caused by some file being inaccessible to the nodes. Are you sure all your assets are readable form the nodes?

Also, you have the same version of Max and VRay on all nodes.

A weird old issue.. If you have QuickTime installed on some nodes then certain texture formats can render differently (but QuickTime for Windows is not longer supported). You could try using a different format for your maps, but that's a long shot unless you have QuickTime installed.
      I was not showing any missing files on the asset tracking window and I also had the Check for missing files on for the DR settings. I did however have Quicktime 7 installed on my one node, I uninstalled, and it seems to have fixed the issue. I would have never guessed an unrelated program could alter what gets rendered.

Thanks so much for your feedback!

Comment

Ha! It took me YEARS to figure out that it was only machines with QuickTime that had that issue. Since QT is no longer supported it is not much of an issue anymore, but glad it helped.

Comment

Working...
        X