Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't my Layer adjustments in VFB being baked into my renderoutput (JPG / PNG)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't my Layer adjustments in VFB being baked into my renderoutput (JPG / PNG)?

I'm on V-Ray 5 - this used to work, and now, for some reason (I don't do a ton of 3D these days) my images are coming into PS, Windows Explorer, Firefox, Chrome etc etc as though no corrections have been applied/baked?

What am I doing wrong (do you think?).
    Jez

------------------------------------
    3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
    ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Doh......

Please ignore
    Jez

3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. Have you tried this way:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2023-02-07_15-50-00.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	1172384
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Okay, I'm back here again!

Please can someone help - I'm getting lovely images in the VFB, I then go to save my images out as a jpg (or png) and all those lovely adjustments aren't there??

The only way I can seem to save these out (with the VFB adjustments remaining within the image), is to do a Control + C (to copy image to clipboard in VFB) and paste into something like Photoshop and that save out the JPG that way......

BTW, I use GPU rendering almost 99% of the time (I can't find that setting Vladimir and wonder if it's not an option for GPU rendering?).

Any ideas please?

Thanks.
        Jez

Comment

Originally posted by JezUK View Post
          Okay, I'm back here again!

Please can someone help - I'm getting lovely images in the VFB, I then go to save my images out as a jpg (or png) and all those lovely adjustments aren't there??

The only way I can seem to save these out (with the VFB adjustments remaining within the image), is to do a Control + C (to copy image to clipboard in VFB) and paste into something like Photoshop and that save out the JPG that way......

BTW, I use GPU rendering almost 99% of the time (I can't find that setting Vladimir and wonder if it's not an option for GPU rendering?).

Any ideas please?

Thanks.
          How exactly are you saving the image? Color adjustment should be saved automatically when outputting .jpgs/,pngs. The option Vladimir mentioned is located in the same location (Render Setup>V-Ray>Frame Buffer), however, it only affects the baking of color corrections in the render elements. Could you share a comparison between the VFB result and the saved output? A simple scene should be of use, too.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com

Comment

Hi Aleksandar,

What do you mean how exactly am I saving the image?

All I am doing is pressing the save button in VFB, and saving the image as a jpg (leaving Gamma to Automatic).

What this user here describes (though he is using Rhino) is the exact same issue I have. (and in his case, I am already doing what was suggested should do to fix his problem, so his 'solution' doesn't apply to me).

https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...ection-applied.

Here is an example test render of what I see in the VFB and what is seen in Firefox / Windows Photos....

I tried checking the box "Separate Render Channels" (before it was unchecked) and it makes no difference.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-03 091906.jpg Views:	0 Size:	505.6 KB ID:	1187749
            Last edited by JezUK; 03-08-2023, 01:25 AM.
            Jez

Comment

Hi Aleksandar,

What do you mean how exactly am I saving the image?

All I am doing is pressing the save button in VFB, and saving the image as a jpg (leaving Gamma to Automatic).

What this user here describes (though he is using Rhino) is the exact same issue I have. (and in his case, I am already doing what was suggested should do to fix his problem, so his 'solution' doesn't apply to me).

https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...ection-applied.

Here is an example test render of what I see in the VFB and what is seen in Firefox / Windows Photos....

I tried checking the box "Separate Render Channels" (before it was unchecked) and it makes no difference.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-03 091906.jpg Views:	0 Size:	505.6 KB ID:	1187749
              In that case you need to hold the click on the save icon, then click the little cog-wheel. It will open a settings window, where you can find a checkbox. Enable it and the corrections will be baked into the image when clicking the save icon from the framebuffer. Never understood why this is there in the first place, but never touched it afterwards.
              https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Hi Oliver,

Can you explain what checkbox you're referring to when you the little cog-wheel. I don't get any settings window. I get the "Save Image" window (plus, clicking on that cog wheel will save me all the render elements, when all I want is a jpg of the image in the VFB).

Thanks.
                Jez

Comment

Hi Oliver,

Can you explain what checkbox you're referring to when you the little cog-wheel. I don't get any settings window. I get the "Save Image" window (plus, clicking on that cog wheel will save me all the render elements, when all I want is a jpg of the image in the VFB).

Thanks.
                  Enable that checkbox and save your render as you normally would. All the corrections should now be baked into the Jpegs you save.

Name:	save_01.png
Views:	132
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1187810

Name:	save_02.png
Views:	129
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	1187811
                  Last edited by kosso_olli; 03-08-2023, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks Kosso for perservering with me, I did get that dialog box, and did ensure it was checked and it STILL doesn't work.

This is soooooooo frustrating!

When I have time I'll upload an example over the weekend.

Many thanks for your help.
                    Last edited by JezUK; 04-08-2023, 01:08 AM.
                    Jez

Comment

Also, just for clarification, I'm not looking to save all the Render Elements, only the EffectsResult image (as a jpg).

Out of interest, what is the difference between the RGB Color Image and the EffectsResult one? (they are identical to me)
                      Jez

Comment

Out of interest, what is the difference between the RGB Color Image and the EffectsResult one? (they are identical to me)
                        The latter has Lens Effects and Denoising baked in, if enabled.
                        It is weird that saving via the icon does not work, because I tested it yesterday and it worked like that.

Comment

JezUK Best you send a simplified scene so we can troubleshoot.
                          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com

Comment

I'm really sorry guys, it was because there was an LUT in the adjustments which didn't have "Save in image" checked.

I don't use LUTs very often and so I missed that checkbox.

My apologies for wasting people's time but thank you all for your help.
                            Jez

Comment

Working...
                            X