Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use 3dsMax VFB Region Settings in VRay Standalone?

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use 3dsMax VFB Region Settings in VRay Standalone?

I have a region setup in the VFB in Max. When I render it only renders the region (of course). When I export to .vrscene and render with standalone it renders without the region enabled. Also, when I export to Deadline it renders without the region enabled. Is there a way to force it to use the region I already set in the Max VFB?

The docs say:

-region=x0;y0;x1;y1 – Sets а region to render. The integer values are in pixels, relative to the upper-left corner of the image. A region might be specified in the .vrscene file itself and it will be used in the rendering, unless the -region flag is used to override it or the -region=none flag is used to disable it.

-region=none – Ignores any region specified in the .vrscene file

However I guess the region is not being embedded in the .vrscene file. I guess I should try Deadline' region support. I had assumed that only work in Max and not tested it with Standalone... EDIT: Not assumed. Saw that that entire Tiles tab is disabled. So there seems to be no built in support.

Thoughts? Thanks.
  • Answer selected by hermit.crab at 20-02-2023, 02:17 AM.

In the .vrexporter settings, there is an "Export Region" option. Turn it on.

Comment

Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
        Is there?
        ​​
        Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	55.7 KB ID:	1173468

Am I looking in the wrong place? Was that added in the latest update from this past week?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes. Update and you'll see it there.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
            Yes. Update and you'll see it there.
            Cool. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X