Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird material editor issue

Hi,
    in MAX 2023 with latest vray 6 update 1 when I open material editor it usually replaces selected material box with vray default grey material. Also sometimes, still not sure how, it applies the grey default material to my selected object. Is this known issue yet?
    Thanks
    www.hrvojedesign.com

HI, thanks for posting. This is not usual and not happening on my setup (3dsMax 2023/V-Ray 61004). Have you tried to reinstall your V-Ray and 3ds Max? It could be useful if you attach a video of the problem. Also you can open a ticket if you can not fix the issue so we can eventually meet in a team viewer session.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Does this affect only the material editor? Mind if you share a screencap of the issue? Does it happen on a fresh scene?
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I just noticed this happens only if I use the new vray material button...which I also just realized is not supposed to be used for opening the material editor but rather "get a new vray material" or something.
        www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

That button assigns the new material to the selected node, and as a convenience puts it into slot 1 of the compact material editor.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
          X