Frame Buffer log file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Buffer log file

i just updated to most recent Vray version. When i have my right side menu (in the VFB) (tabs) collapsed, the vray log file opens up over the frame buffer. when i go to the side bar with the tabs, it tells me the log is not docked, click here to dock it.

well, i have clicked there and it docks, but when i later close and reopen 3ds max, it's undocked again and pops up again when there are errors.

any thoughts?
    Last edited by s_gru; 29-03-2023, 02:23 PM.

of course, i closed and reopened and it's fine now. i swear this is the 4th project i've been working on today and it happened every time honest! so we're all good i guess.

Comment

yeah, not sure what happened but the error log keeps getting undocked now and pops up when i stop a render or start a render. i've docked it and saved the scene, then later it pops up again. is there a way to control docking of the log screen or other screens? maybe i hit a shortcut key by mistake?

Comment

Hi. Is there a warning or an error in the Log window when it's undocked?

Comment

yes. i did end up putting in a support ticket for it. the answer was that it was done on purpose for when using vantage. he also said i could set a setting in frame buffer to "never" and that pretty much solved it for me inside 3ds max. i still see it in the frame buffer as a tab i can switch to, but most of the time i know what the errors are and just ignore anyway. thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X