Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendering animation with Chaos Vantage - flickering in dark area

Hello everyone!

I am rendering an interior scene where I have some dark areas that produce weird flickerings; however, I managed to get rid of about 90% of it by completely removing direct light passing through a translucent object (in this case hanging kitchen lights)

normally in Vray, I would just use the "include" function in VrayLight to fix the problem, but this feature is not yet supported in Vantage.

these are also things I tried to fix the problem but had no effect on the flickering :

- fiddling with clamp secondary rays and ray termination values
    - disabling reflection/coat/ etc..
    - increasing Samples to 2000
    - using VrayOverrideMtl

the way I tested all these scenarios was to render 4 - 6 frames and compare them together, flickers are so obvious they change frame by frame.

I have attached the video named " test_2.mp4"
    samples: 600
    fps: 30
    resolution : 2560 x 1440
    here's my light setup, which passes through a two-sidedVraymtl that I found to be the main cause of flickers.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	260
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	1177160

I could use some tips to work around this problem and get rid of flickering without removing my translucent objects.

Thank you and have a blessed day.​

Hi ben_cheese,

Can you try to increase Light cache samples (File>Advance scene settings) and try with different options for Reflective GI caustics(Render tab>Advance rollout)? In addition you could share the scene with us so we can investigate. You can do this here, with a link to this forum thread: https://support.chaos.com/requests/new
    When packing the scene, make sure to include all texture and mesh files.​

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Last edited by Alexander.Atanasov; 03-04-2023, 12:59 AM.
    Alexander Atanasov

V-Ray for Unreal & Chaos Vantage QA

Chaos

Comment

In the Bucket Image Sampler. Change min to 4. Should fix it. I have had this happen.

Comment

Hey, I just wanted to give this thread a thank you, and an update since my problem was solved by increasing Light Cache values.
        I was able to produce very high-quality animations thanks to solving this problem.

thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X