Distributed rendering stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed rendering stopped working

Hi, I have been running 2 systems (1 workstation and 1 render system) for the last 2 months fine. A few days ago the render host stopped responding.
    The first things I tried is resetting the network, restarting the systems etc.

The current state is the following messages in the log:

Render host xx.xxx.x.x:2024 added
    Scene transferred to renderserver:2024
    Server xx.xxx.x.x:2024: Scene loaded; starting render
    Server xx.xxx.x.x:2024: Starting frame 49
    Warning : Render host renderserver (xx.xxx.x.x.:2024) is not responding

So this seem that there is some communication between the systems and the scene is transferred. But at some point the timeout occurs

Where might this behavior coming form?

Hello,

Your log shows that you are using port 2024 for distributed rendering. V-Ray for 3ds Max uses port 20204, by default, for distributed rendering. Please make sure that all machines are set to use port 20204 in the distributed rendering settings of 3ds Max.

Also, please make sure that the V-Ray Render Server (V-Ray Spawner) is running on the problematic machine.

If you have entered the correct port (20204) and the spawner is running on the Render server machine but you still experience issues with distributed rendering - please open an official ticket via our support system here
    Nikolay Simeonov

Technical Support Representative
    support@chaosgroup.com

Chaos Group

Comment

Hi Nikolay, thank you for your reply. the 2024 is a typo on my side, it states 20204. I'll open a support ticket

Comment

It seems like it has something to do with running Vrayspawner 2023 and Vrayspawner 2024 at the same time. Disabling the one you are not using seem to resole the issue.

Comment

Working...
        X