Error trying to use .vrscene Exporter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error trying to use .vrscene Exporter

I'm trying to export a vrscene using the Vray Menu item ".vrscene exporter" but when I click I get the following error message popup:

MAXScript MacroScript Error Exception
    ---------------------------
    -- Type error: CreateDialog requires RolloutClass, got: undefined

​​The listener also prints out the following:
    Code:
    -- Error occurred in anonymous codeblock; filename: C:\Users\dpict\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2020 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\VRay-vrsceneExport.mcr; position: 642; line: 18
    -- MAXScript MacroScript Error Exception:
    -- Type error: CreateDialog requires RolloutClass, got: undefined
    -- MAXScript callstack:
    -- thread data: threadID:54776
    -- ------------------------------------------------------
    -- [stack level: 0]
    -- In execute(); filename: C:\Users\dpict\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2020 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\VRay-vrsceneExport.mcr; position: 643; line: 18
    -- member of: codeblock macroScript: VRay_vrsceneExport
    -- Locals:
    -- vrsceneExportRollout: undefined
    -- Externals:
    -- owner: <CodeBlock:VRay_vrsceneExport>
    -- VRay_vrsceneExport: <CodeBlock:VRay_vrsceneExport>
    -- [stack level: 1]
    -- called from codeblock macroScript: VRay_vrsceneExport
    -- Locals:
    -- checkVRayRenderer: checkVRayRenderer()
    -- Externals:
    -- [stack level: 2]
    -- called from top-level
    ​ This happens on a brand new empty scene as well as saved/previous scenes. I'm running Max 2020 and Vray 6.10.04.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by dlparisi; 09-04-2023, 04:27 PM.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

FYI...I got this to work by pasting "createDialog vrsceneExportRollout modal: true" directly into the listener. This was the erroring line but stripping out the "on execute do(...." let it run ok. I don't understand why this would work since the rest of the lines just seem to be related to checking if vray is the current renderer. I know just enough scripting to be dangerous so I'm sure I'm overlooking something.
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Hi, it seems that there is an older version of the macroscript cached (C:\Users\dpict\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2020 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros\VRay-vrsceneExport.mcr). Currently the MaxScript defined rollout is not used and is only there to prevent such errors from appearing, but seems it's not loaded due to some reason.

It should be safe to just remove all files that are named "VRay-*.mcr" from the "C:\Users\dpict\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\ 2020 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros" directory. They should either not be needed by V-Ray 6.10 or be created by older versions, in all cases V-Ray is packed with the scripts.

Best regards,
      Alexander
      Alexander Kazandzhiev
      V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Removing the "VRay-*.mcr" files worked great, no errors now No idea how those got there although a few months ago I vaguely remember continually seeing them popping up in the folder with the current date like they were being copied there whenever max started or something (I was working on a script at the time so I was in that folder a lot then and they were constantly at the top when sorted by date).

Can I also safely remove the "VrayDebugShading-*.mcr" files there as well?

Comment

From V6.10 on the MacroScripts won't be cached anymore so hopefully we won't be getting this kind of problems in the future, but older versions will still be doing it.

Yes, in the "C:\Users\dpict\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\ 2020 - 64bit\ENU\usermacros" directory they are safe to remove too.

Best regards,
          Alexander
          Alexander Kazandzhiev
          V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
          X