Turning on camera motion blur makes render stop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning on camera motion blur makes render stop

Whenever I try to render this scene with motion blur turned on the camera the render will start and finish the light cache, start to render (either bucket or progressive) but after a couple of seconds it will stop and say finished. The log spits out the following error:

Code:
    21:02:33.289] Error : Building Embree Voxel Tree failed: [EmbreeTree<0,1,class VUtils::StaticTreeDelegateParam,struct VUtils::SimpleStaticTriangle,struct VUtils::SDTreeBunchDelegetorFace>::build] 1: Creating new scene failed
    If I turn off motion blur the scene renders fine. Memory doesn't seem to be an issue as it still has upwards of 20gb left when it stops. This is on 6 Update 1.1 and it happens with both the VRayCam and Max PhysCam when MB is turned on.

I haven't been able to troubleshoot any further though. Any ideas?
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Hello,

Can you share the scene with our support ?

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Hi, please use the support contact form to send us the scene. Please include a link to this thread in your e-mail.​
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Submitted. I cleaned up the submitted scene a lot but it still exhibits the error. I also added the following:

I can add that this scene used to render just fine back in 2021 under Vray Next. I've had to revisit this project but since then I've upgraded to Vray 6 and made a few changes to the scene so I'm not sure if it's related to the changes (I don't think so) or Vray or something else. I've also upgrade Railclone in the interim and it's possibly the cause since if I turn off Railclone001 the scene does render. It also seems to render ok if I just remove the two cars in the street (these moving cars are the reason I want motion blur on in the first place) so I don't think it's specifically related to the railclone objects. It even renders ok if I turn off the dome light (but leave on the sun).
        Additionally, I tried to rerender the original scene from last year and also received the same error. The only difference for this would be an upgrade to Vray 6 and the updated railclone plugin so no scene changes.
        www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

FYI...

I've finally had some progress on this by setting the "Default geometry" in settings to "Dynamic" from the default "Auto" ("Static" doesn't work either though). With that setting changed the scene renders out just fine. Hopefully that might give you a clue as to what might be happening.

Comment

Working...
          X