Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VFB Still moves to another monitor when switching between renders of different resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB Still moves to another monitor when switching between renders of different resolution

This has been reported a couple of times already, oldest thread I could find is 2 years old. I've recorded 2 of my 4K monitors to show you here: https://youtu.be/DXo_XWaxVbI

As stated. When switching between renders of different resolution the VFB jumps to another monitor. I thought it chose the primary monitor as its preferred place, but that's not the case. It's very consistent and reproducible. Latest V-Ray, latest 3ds Max 2023. I have 3 x 4K monitor + 1 x HD monitor setup. All have the same scaling, so no issue there.

Can you please fix this, it's extremely annoying.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Hello...? (echo)
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting and excuse us for the delayed replay. Let me investigate a bit and I will get back to the thread.
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
        Hi, thanks for posting and excuse us for the delayed replay. Let me investigate a bit and I will get back to the thread.
        No worries, thank you.
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Hi, the issue is logged under VMAX-13325 in our bug tracking system.

Comment

This unfortunately still happens and is very very annoying, sometimes the VFB is reduced to just a title bar (different location and monitor). It took me a while to figure out where he ended up even. So I have to click the VFB button again. And then I have to > ALT + SPACE > Restore
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. We have a "reset VFB position" button already. Have you tried it?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	3dsmax_2023-12-06_16-08-47.gif
Views:	146
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	1196775

Comment

Yes, that doesn't work and is beside this issue. With multiple monitors, and a maximized VFB on one monitor, when changing to a render with a different aspect ratio as the one loaded, the VFB will go to my other (main) monitor, but only the Title bar will be visible all the rest is gone. (See screenshot)

Clicking reset VFB doesn't do anything when it is in this state. I need to activate the VFB again with the toolbar button. Press ALT + SPACE and click restore for it to snap back to the other monitor (not maximized). When maximizing again, changing render with different ratio, the process is back to where we left off.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-06 152512.png Views:	0 Size:	104.4 KB ID:	1196781
                A.

---------------------
                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Hi again. I see what you mean. This is a different issue that is yet to be fixed. We will notify you when the fix is ready.

Comment

Hi, has this been resolved yet? In a nightly perhaps? Or is there a command I can use to make the position of the VFB fixed? Because it's very very very annoying. I have this issue A LOT (30-50 times per day) because I work with a lot of different aspect ratios.
                    A.

---------------------
                    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Hi, the issue is not resolved. The only workaround I can think of is not using a maximized VFB. We will notify you when the fix is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by vladimir_krastev View Post
                        Hi, the issue is not resolved. The only workaround I can think of is not using a maximized VFB. We will notify you when the fix is ready.
                        I try to avoid using maximized because of that. That issue is even more annoying. What about the window switching when it's not maximized, but when ratios are different switching between renders, makes the VFB jump to another monitor as well. If I reset the VFB it's good for a while but it doesn't stay that way.
                        A.

---------------------
                        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Hi I am not sure what you mean with your last post.
                          There was an issue where the VFB would rescale when switching between renders of different resolution. This is fixed now.
                          The other issue is with the 4K monitors (VFB moves to another monitor with 4K monitors) which is yet to be fixed.

Comment

1 year later and I'm still chasing my VFB, every hour of the day. Has this been fixed? In a nightly perhaps? This is a basic functionality..... I can't swith between renders without having to reactive VFB, ALT + Space > Restore.

C'mon Chaos, updates/bug fixes are very slow, dare I even say nothing noteworthy in the last year. Not sure why I'm paying a subscription actually. Please fix this, this is really frustrating.
                            A.

---------------------
                            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
                            X