Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I haven't personally tested the new 3ds Max 2024 ACES colour management with deadline. I will do that and let you know how it goes. You could test on your end as well, Deadline is free for up to 10 nodes I believe (please check).
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by GLASS-CANVAS View Post
      Sorry to have to re-open this thread, but as an update I've found what I think is a closely related bug:
      When I send a render to the network using backburner, once again the target machine renders with the wrong Display Correction in the VFB (sRGB instead of OCIO), causing the colours to be saved incorrectly. Is this something you can reproduce at your end?
      Did you ever find a solution for the backburner problem? I have the same issue.

Comment

Hi, the issue is most probably due to Backburner not supporting the new OCIO colour management system from 3ds Mas 2024. Mind you Backburner has not been updated since 3ds Max 2018. I will test the same setup but with Deadline first thing tomorrow morning to check if this will work.

Comment

Ok, I finally got a break in projects, and after one failed attempt, got Deadline to work on our network (what a horrible installation that was), and tested it with Max2024 V-Ray ACEScg, and it works! Whilst this is obviously great news, it's incredibly annoying that babckburner is the weak link, as our custom rendering script works only with it.
          Deadline may be incredibly versatile, but it still requires a lot more setup by the artist, which is bad from my point of view. Still, at least we can now use Max2024.
          http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

Ok, I finally got a break in projects, and after one failed attempt, got Deadline to work on our network (what a horrible installation that was), and tested it with Max2024 V-Ray ACEScg, and it works! Whilst this is obviously great news, it's incredibly annoying that babckburner is the weak link, as our custom rendering script works only with it.
            Deadline may be incredibly versatile, but it still requires a lot more setup by the artist, which is bad from my point of view. Still, at least we can now use Max2024.
            Hi, can you share your setup for OCIO in max 2024 because it still switches from OCIO to SRGB in our office when we run the render over the deadline. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by antevasin_team View Post

Hi, can you share your setup for OCIO in max 2024 because it still switches from OCIO to SRGB in our office when we run the render over the deadline. Thanks!
              As far as I'm aware it's completely standard. Save the OCIO stuff to a network share that all machines can access, and add it as an Environment Variable

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	163
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1191791​
              http://www.glass-canvas.co.uk

Comment

As far as I'm aware it's completely standard. Save the OCIO stuff to a network share that all machines can access, and add it as an Environment Variable

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	163
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	1191791​
                Thanks for the answer, our setup is identical to yours. We found that the bug was with Forest Pack version 8.21. As soon as you click to create a forest object, or merge forest from another scene or let it render over the network, display correction changes the ocio to srgb. Updating forest to 8.24 solved that bug.

Comment

Hi, great news and apologies for not being able to test Deadline for you. I had major difficulties getting Deadline to work for 3ds Max 2024. I still haven't figured it out on my setup for 3ds Max 2024.
                  The Back Burner has not being updated since 3ds Max 2018 from what I've heard (please check).

Comment

Need to bring this back up. I have MAX set to default ACES, Vray switches automatically to ACES etc. No problems.

Local render/save look fine.

Renders through deadline to the same machine that looks and saves fine local has incorrect color space

My guess is an issue with MAX or Deadline but I see no errors, there is an ocio message but not an error

MAX2024
                    Vray 6.20.06
                    iToo FP 8.26
                    Deadline 10.3.0.10 Release (ac90e7082)

​
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Dman3d; 03-04-2024, 11:05 AM.
                    "It's the rebels sir....They're here..."

Comment

Hi, thanks for posting. How do you submit your job? Do you use the integrated submitter in 3ds Max or you submit trough the Deadline monitor?

Comment

Via the MAX integrated submitter

Comment

Checked with Deadline they say must set the OCIO environment variable. I was thinking since MAX24/25 have ACES as default it would simply use whatever is set in max by max. Do we still need to set environment variables on every machine?

Comment

Setting the OCIO env variable did not work

Comment

Hi, excuse me for the late reply. I couldn't manage to test with Deadline yet. What environment variable are you testing? Is it the one from the V-Ray ACES workflow page or maybe a 3ds Max one?

Comment

Working...
                              X