No announcement yet.

System unbearably slow while rendering!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System unbearably slow while rendering!

Hello all together! A few weeks ago I did the update from vray 3 to vray 6 premium with 10 rendernodes. I use 3ds max 2022 right now on windows 10 pro, the same on all my rendernodes.
    I have the following problem:
    When I render an animation with vray and backburner, the system on my main machine (13700k, 128gb ram, rtx 4090) which is also my render manager, gets super slow while rendering, it becomes so slow that I can barely move my mouse.
    I searched on the forum before and found that other users had this problem too, but I couldn't find any solution to this. I know, the button to turn on/off "low thread priority", which I always used when rendering with vray 3, was removed and I still really don't understand why it was removed and why it can not be recovered in a future update, because this would be the solution for my problem...
    On another thread I read that there is a possibility under vray settings-system-advanved where I can limit the number of cores for rendering, but I can't find this option in settings, I use the latest vray 6.2.
    Any help or news on this topic would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Jan

Hi, thanks for posting. The "low thread priority" setting will be turned on automatically if you reset your render settings. This is done by switching to another render engine and then back to V-Ray. If "low thread priority" is turned off (not available in the V-Ray 6 UI but could be left off in a scene from older versions) you may have the issues you are having. What operating system are you using?
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Vladimir, thank you for your feedback! I´m using Windows 10 pro. It happens only when I start rendering a job with Backburner, then the system on my main local machine gets super slow.
      When I´m just rendering a single frame in 3dsMax the system is not slowing down, then everything seems to be normal. Any solution for this behaviour when using backburner with vray 6?

Comment

So after a new installation of vray 6.2, the problem dissapeared. I still don´t know what happened... Thank you for your help anyway!

Comment

Great news! Thanks for the follow-up.
          Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X