vraybitmap and viewport issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vraybitmap and viewport issues

the latest hotfix fixed the maps not showing in the viewport, thankfully, however i still have an issue... the viewport version is really low res, and ticking "use full resolution in viewport" simply shows nothing in the viewport. (admittedly its a 48k wide tiff, however max bitmap manages it gracefully and at decent resolution.)

can we have a fix so it works as well as the standard max bitmap?

thanks!

We've capped the maximum viewport resolution at 16384x16384.

EDIT: Actually, it is a 3ds Max thing, however, I am not sure why the Bitmap works in this case. I'll ask the devs.
    Last edited by hermit.crab; 19-06-2023, 12:20 AM.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

is it not possible to use the same system as the max bitmap, where you can choose to resize the textures in the viewport preferences? i leave mine at 8k by default, since i often need to show zoomed in areas of a texture. . its quite common to need to do a high quality screengrab or playblast, and if you have very high res textures.. In that case, vraybitmap currently has exacty 2 options, crap, or nothing.

Comment

Just so you know, it may be a bug. It seems the 3ds Max cap should only downsize viewport textures to 16x16k. VRayBitmaps seem to display as black. I've logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-13392) for dev investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
          Just so you know, it may be a bug. It seems the 3ds Max cap should only downsize viewport textures to 16x16k. VRayBitmaps seem to display as black. I've logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAX-13392) for dev investigation.
          This was already logged under VMAX-12378: https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...n-for-viewport
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post

This was already logged under VMAX-12378: https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...n-for-viewport
            Yes, I am aware. That one was closed for some reason (most likely a mistake due to the discovery of the 3ds Max limit), hence the fresh one.

Comment

Working...
            X